You agree to our terms and conditions and to attend the whole course once you make a booking and we receive payment.
Lessons must be paid for in advance, no later than one week prior to the start of the term. Payment due dates are published and emailed with regularity. Once you have booked your space this will need to be paid for to enable your space to be secured, please email Aquatic Harmony once payment has been made, so your space is confirmed, and you will receive a confirmation email.
Payment in full, can be paid via BACS transfer (please contact for details) or by credit/debit card.
Refunds and Cancellations:
Aquatic Harmony Swim School is under no obligation to refund any monies in the event you are unable to attend the entire course. Missed lessons cannot be refunded or monies transferred under any circumstances, we may be able to offer an alternative class in the same term space depending.
If you cancel your booking 7 days before the commencement date of the course, we will issue you a refund minus an administration charge of £20.00. After this time, we are unable to offer any refund and 100% cancellation fees are applicable.
We require a GP or consultant letter where courses are cancelled on medical grounds, confirming your or your child is unable to attend for the remainder of the course. Refunds will be pro-rated according to the number of lessons outstanding from the date of receipt of the GP’s letter. You will be refunded at the end of the term minus a £15 administration fee.
Aquatic Harmony Swim School reserve the right to change lesson times and under exceptional circumstances cancel classes. Under these circumstances an alternative session will be offered.
Clients must accept that at times there will be physical contact between the teacher and their child, in a professional, caring manner.
Swimmers should not enter the pool until the teacher says it is safe to do so and must tell the teacher if leaving the pool before the end of the session.
Clients should not drink alcohol prior to the lesson nor eat or chew gum during the lesson.
Abuse to any member of staff either verbal or physical will not be tolerated and will be reported to the appropriate authorities at the sole discretion of Aquatic Harmony.
Clients must adhere to the instructions given to them regarding car parking, entry and exit route to pools.
Any cancellations out of our control such as force majeure, power cuts, adverse weather, disasters, terrorism, war, earthquakes, floods, pandemics will not be refundable, as these are out of our control. (This list is not exhaustive).
POOL RULES & SAFETY:
Your safety is extremely important to us, but swimming has inherent risks and it is important you have read our terms and conditions and pool rules, and understand your assumption of risk, (you are always fully responsible for yourself and those in your care in the pool and surrounding areas).
· All pre-school classes require one adult in the water with each baby/toddler, you are responsible for your child at all times; in the pool and the surrounding areas.
· All children who are not toilet trained must wear the double nappy system. Failure to do this may render you liable for any clean up costs or pool closure costs and you may be refused entry to the pool.
.All children who are fully toilet trained must wear swim jammers which are tight swimming shorts to prevent any accidents from leaking. These are also much easier to swim in than baggy shorts.
· Prams, and car seats are not allowed in the changing or pool area and should be left in your car or if specified can be left under the canopy (Hilton and Parson street)
· Outdoor shoes are not admitted into the changing area or on pool side, please leave all shoes in the shoe shed when entering.
· Running is not allowed at any time.
· It is very important to make sure that cosmetics are not worn in the pool, this includes creams and oils, this is for your own safety and that of all other pool users and ensures our pool remains as clean as possible.
· Aquatic Harmony Swim School reserves the right to cancel an individual’s course without a refund, due to inappropriate behaviour.
· Aquatic Harmony Swim School will not be liable for any loss, damage, or injury whilst on pool premises.
· Photography and videoing are strictly prohibited and all mobile phones etc must be left in the changing area for safe guarding purposes.
.Any glass eg phones, IPads, bottles, Cameras are not permitted in the pool at any time. Glass is highly damaging in a pool environment.
· All personal belongings are left at the owners’ risk.
· No food or drink is allowed on the premises at any time, with the exception of bottled water and baby milk. .There is a strict no eating policy in the pool area or changing rooms at Gable and The Hilton and fines are in place within these pools, please refrain from any eating.
· To avoid injury, the wearing of spectacles in the water is not recommended.
· Jewellery and watches can be a hazard and should not be worn during swimming.
· In the event of an emergency, all swimmers and spectators will immediately stop what they are doing and wait for further instructions.
· If evacuation is necessary, please exit and leave your possessions in the changing room. Please follow the teachers instructions.
.Parking is at your own risk and we do not accept any liability for your car or your personal possessions.
.All spectators spectate at their own risk and Aquatic Harmony or Gable Leisure will not be liable for any trips, falls or injuries whilst in the pool, pool side or changing area.
. All lesson times and venues are subject to change, however all participants will receive prior notice, where alternative lesson will be given.
Clients will be asked during the term (typically mid-way) if they wish to continue with lessons for the next term. Their place may be held for a week for them to renew before the space in the client’s existing class may be offered on a “first come first served” basis to others, both new and existing swimmers.
Aquatic Harmony Swim School store personal information including names, addresses, dates of birth and contact details and is covered by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We do not keep financial details.
In the event of an instructor being absent for a group or private lesson, the swim school is within its rights to change the instructor to make sure that the lesson is covered, and no refunds will be given for lessons because of a change of instructor. In the unlikely event of a “last-minute” lesson time change, we endeavour to notify the client via SMS and email as soon as possible.
Aquatic Harmony will not reimburse any expenses caused by a customer failing to pick up their message. Aquatic Harmony will always try to reschedule any lesson that has not been able to occur, and the client will always be notified of any changes as soon as possible.
In the unlikely event of the pool not being available for use due to technical difficulties or health and safety issues Aquatic Harmony Swim School will go through the following steps:
1. Our initial response will be to endeavour, where possible, to reschedule the lessons at the same venue for the nearest available space. This may need to be at a different time and/or a different day due to pool availability.
2. When alternative spaces at the same venue are not available due to classes being full, we endeavour to offer alternative lessons at nearby pools that Aquatic Harmony use. Please be aware that the days and times that lessons take place do vary across our venues.
3. When a pool is unavailable on a term basis (in excess of one week), on public health or other grounds (including pandemics) or acts of God, outside of Aquatic Harmony Swim School’s control (not including operational issues with the pool), Aquatic Harmony Swim School is not responsible for providing any further lessons during that time. In the unlikely event of this being the case and it is not possible to reschedule the classes at the end of the term, Aquatic Harmony Swim school will use their best endeavours to either provide the remaining lessons in a future cycle or provide an alternative venue. Refunds cannot be offered under these conditions.
Clients will be notified of changes by SMS and email. Aquatic Harmony Swim School cannot be held responsible for any additional travel expenses incurred.
Clients must declare to Aquatic Harmony any existing medical conditions that they are aware of that the child, or adult if taking lessons, has which may be communicable or possibly be harmful or not to another person. The client must agree to inform Aquatic Harmony of any changes in any medical condition or psychological condition as soon as they are aware of them. All information will be kept strictly confidential, and it is at the Aquatic Harmony’s discretion to accept or refuse any applicant to join in classes. Instructors should also inform us of any medical conditions they may have which could impact on their ability to teach. Please bring any medications with you to class for you or your child eg inhalers
Should the child or the adult taking the child into the water have, or develop, any known or suspected medical condition they must consult their doctor before taking them swimming and inform the Aquatic Harmony Swim School. All information received is treated in confidence and with sensitivity. Clients must never bring the child swimming if they have any illness such as an ear infection, diarrhoea, chicken pox, impetigo, conjunctivitis or merely a bad cold. They must wait until the doctor has given the all-clear before returning to classes. In the instance of sickness and diarrhoea the child must have been clear of all symptoms for at least 48 hours before attending a lesson.
Aquatic Harmony Swim School respects its clients’ privacy and keeps any information that is shared with our teachers with confidence and in line with GDPR Regulations. Aquatic Harmony Swim School does what it can to discourage unsolicited spam and telephone calls Aquatic Harmony will not share this information with any third parties. All images displayed on Aquatic Harmony website are under the ownership of the photographer concerned. Agreement to display the photographs has been reached and they are not available to be copied.