Baby Swim Classes
About our baby to preschool swimming classes.
Aquatic Harmony baby to preschool swimming lessons follow the internationally acclaimed Birthlight programme which has decades of research and development in baby and toddlers swimming. We teach you as a parent; holds and skills, which encourage your little one to move freely in the water, grow with confidence and gain water survival skills.
Aquatic Harmony baby and toddler classes involve:
- Gentle approach: Enhancing bond and attachment between the child and parent.
- Child led Swimming: Promoting freedom in the water at the right time enables confidence to flourish.
- Repetition: Repetition of activities encourages learning, development and
- Baby and child development: Rolling, sitting, standing and walking each offer an opportunity in the water which is characterised by certain reflexes and enhances the development of your child.
- Water safety: Every child will be taught the importance of safe behaviour around water and in the water.
Why baby swimming
- Enhances parent and child bonding
- Improves baby’s eating and sleeping patterns
- Safety around water and pool environment awareness
- Exercise for parent and child whilst having fun!
- Babies who attend swimming are more socially, mentally and physically developed.
Our Class Age Groups
– Tiny baby level one – 0 – 6 months
– Tiny baby level two – has complete Tiny baby one or is 6 months – 9 months
– Beginners – 9 months to 18 months and has complete at least three terms of Tiny baby
– Toddlers – Two years plus
– Toddlers Advanced the teacher will advise when your little one is ready for this level.
Which pools do we hold our baby swim classes?
Classes are held in a lovely spa and hydrotherapy pools around Bristol and South Gloucestershire and Wiltshire. Please click on ‘Our Pools’ for more info
What shall I bring for baby swim?
You will be sent full confirmation, but you will need to bring:
Disposable or cloth swim nappies.
Happy nappy cover must be worn over the swim nappy
Baby warmer for all babies under 12 months.
Towels for both you and baby.
Water and milk for little one, snacks for toddlers (to be consumed outside of the pool premises)
Plastic bag for wet items.
Warm hat’s in autumn winter months.
How many people are there in a class?
Maximum of six to eight pairs in baby/toddler swim (depending on pool size).
When can I take my baby swimming?
You can take your baby from birth as long as you have the okay from your midwife or doctor, you no longer have to wait until they have had their immunisations. Please see the NHS website for more information.
We do advise that mum and baby have had your 6 week check before attending. Any concerns that you may have can be discussed with your GP, Health Visitor or by visiting the NHS website. If you do take your little one to a public pool before attending classes please ensure they are warm enough, a baby warmer is recommended.